The Sound In Your Head

Friday, September 12, 2003

Shift And Refocus

After much consideration (over one year's worth), I've decided to refocus this blog. The original subject was posted as "Writing devoted to the concepts of audiation, auditory perception, studies and research in cognitive science, neuroscience, cognitive psychology, and biomechanics. How do people use their minds, bodies and souls to make music?"

While I see a great deal of value in the pursuit of answers to the question posed and the subjects chosen for investigation I realize that they are secondary to a larger issue - the development of "musicianship".

I stumbled across my chosen subjects on the road to becoming the musician that I want to be. I asked questions and found interesting answers (and more questions) through the process. Over time however, the relevance of my questions shifts. As answers arise and new realizations manifest my comprehension of the questions themselves changes.

Perhaps this is a complex way of stating that I've changed my mind and thus have decided to refocus this blog.