The Sound In Your Head

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Reverend Of The Church Of ??????

I have to pick one - I could be a Rev. of the Church Of Blue Eyed Soul - speaking of which go listen to James Hunter's new record on Rounder 'People Gonna Talk'. Makes me wish I was at a mod dance party. Also decided today I need to start my own R&B band - it's totally gonna happen.

But back to Rev.-dom ...... I was thinking Rev. Of The Church Of Thelonious Monk - maybe I should give Monk to my pal Michelle. Monk showed up in her dreams, played 'Every Breath You Take' by the Police and then she played his rendition for me - no fucking joke. It was impressive.

But Monk is my guy - the man who bridged the gap between my mind and jazz music. I owe him.

I've made it clear in my discussions with my ministers teacher that we do not have to include Christianity into our ministerial space. This is reassuring.

I told my friend Elizabeth that I'd make her a t-shirt that says 'Jesus Was An Asshole' since she declared it on the way home from our minister's class a couple of weeks ago.

How about this .... Rev. Stacia of The Church Of Sweet Melodies and Tight Grooves. Ohhhhhhhhh - I like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home