The Sound In Your Head

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Speaking Versus Being Silent

I really do like being quiet, more and more conversation seems futile to me. People don't listen or they don't ask questions. Seems like most of the time people are just waiting for an opportunity to talk - not an opportunity to engage in discussion where there is an exchange of ideas. Participating in what feels like a competition for air time just seems like a waste of energy. I can't get it up for the fight anymore. I just don't have it in me.

Silence is golden. This is where I find peace. And it seems more and more like not only the safest place to operate from but the sanest as well.

"Silence is a source of great strength." ~Lao Tzu

"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." ~Aldous Huxley

"Music and silence combine strongly because music is done with silence, and silence is full of music." ~Marcel Marceau

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home