The Sound In Your Head

Wednesday, November 30, 2005



I Just Had Laser Eye Surgery

My Pal Jonathan Says This Makes Me Post-Human. Deb Says I Look Like A Drugged Out Housewife

I think the whole thing is incredible .... bizarre indeed .... and amazing. In just 2 3/4 hours I went from sporting a serious astigmatism in my left eye and a milder one in my right to 20/15 vision with no astigmatism in either eye.

As I've told others the weirdest part of the whole process is the computer generated voice that announces through the wavefront intralase process. "Paitent Stacia Carr, right eye, blah blah astigmatism, estimated time for procedure 1 minute 25 seconds" - the laser then fires up - and the cheering squad of surgeon, optometrist and technicians starts in "look into to light, look straight into the light, look into the light ..." and then the computer voice chimes in and continues the count down "50 seconds remaining", cheerleaders continue "keep looking into the light, the center of the light, look into the light ....", computer says "46 seconds remaining"..... and this goes on until the computer finally declares "procedure complete".

We live in interesting times.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    With that number one quality picture in the dark, I'm going to have to go with Paris Hilton for the win, Pat!

     
  • At 8:54 AM, Blogger Stacia said…

    I couldn't have any bright lights, dopey - my eyes were severely dialated!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home