The Sound In Your Head

Friday, April 14, 2006

It Is Always Better To Travel With A Pack Of Girls

Oh my god. If I'd only known 15 years ago things may've been so different.

Last night there was only a fraction of the full PV Girl Posse in attendance but that was plenty.

We owned the dance floor. It was beautiful.

The evening started with a dance battle across the two platforms in the backroom of the Cat Club. What began as a friendly call and response between us and this insane guy (who we only guess must've been a male stripper in a previous life) to the tune of 'Space Age Love Song' turned into a serious showdown with different contestants taking the stage across the floor and attempting to out do us over the course of a couple of hours. In the end the PV Girls out go-go'd every combination of dancers.

As someone who considers themself a lifelong serious dancer this was a new adventure to me. I often show up solo and stake my spot on the floor early, work the groove for a good bit and then leave when things start to get hectic.

Last night was very different.

After the stage battle we got down on the main floor and cut it up for awhile. We'd made plenty of friends while on stage so between that and our number we had no problem coming up with all the room we needed. Either that or people were too afraid to deal - who knows.

Somewhere a little later in the evening we met two guys from Sweden and proceeded to create the most amazing scene of the evening. They were phenomenal. 3 PV girls and a couple of Swedes .... European men for better or worse seem to have less fear on the floor than a lot of sober American men. It's a generalization but go with it.

From there things just got hectic - dancers showing up all over the place trying to squeeze into PV Posse space - and we held it - which on a Thursday night at the freakin' Cat Club is saying something.

Michelle reminded me this morning that for a brief moment we slam danced. I think I may've been responsible for that. And given that none of us were drinking I can't blame any of it on booze.

I love my girls. They are the best.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:35 PM, Blogger Jym said…

    =v= I, too, prefer to travel with a pack of grrls.

     
  • At 6:08 PM, Blogger Stacia said…

    Oh Jym, how I know you do.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home