The Sound In Your Head

Friday, April 14, 2006

Stacia's Sermon On The Mount

Okay - so I wrote it - my damn sermon. Actually it's pretty good. Tonight I have to deliver it.

So for those that don't already know, this minister's program I'm in requires that we read the Bible as well as write and deliver all parts of the service. The written parts must contain at least one quote from the Bible even though this class is not specifically Christian, about Christianity or a Christian indoctrination. It's all about being able to read religious text from a place of neutrality in order to see the original intension of what was written. I could be reading the Koran for all intents and purposes.

My interest in being a trained minister is mainly in being able to officiate funerals. But that's another blog entry altogether. Besides that I'm really only interested in keeping up my energy practice and teaching meditation eventually.

So here, today, on a Friday afternoon after a debaucherous Thursday evening I find myself preparing to give a sermon. A very strange life I live indeed.

My quotes tonight all come from Ezekiel. It's a little bit about the Lord, the shepherds and their straying sheep as a metaphor for the parts of ourselves that we let stray out of lack of love and acceptance. It's good - and subvertly Buddhist I'm proud to say! I'll post the text after it's delivered.

Wish me luck!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good luck. Personally, I prefer the eternal damnation sermons, but I suppose yours works too.

    Did you get my email?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home