The Sound In Your Head

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Drunk

If I was still a smoker I would be hanging my head out a window somewhere exhaling from an American Spirit. But I am not/am no longer and thus I will write.

I am drunk - not from the spirits of alcohol but from the spirit of excitement. This - an age old 'problem' for yours truly is no easier to deal with now than it was 10 years ago when I would spun up in a frenzy madly call my friends looking for some kind of release valve, hoping that chatting to them would suffice.

When I feel the rush of excitement whether the cause is a new idea, great song, some personal stride I've hit, love, lust or terrific news I have a tendency to just wig out. Chemicals rush through my body instantly creating a host environment for my mind that is teeming with distraction.

Often I feel totally incapacitated.

It doesn't seem fair - excitement should be a welcome emotion, right?

It makes me f-ing crazy.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:47 PM, Blogger Jym said…

    =v= I get drunk on at least two of the above. But how to sober up? Coffee doesn't work, not even Phil'z or Blue Bottle. Am I destined for skid row?

     
  • At 1:36 AM, Blogger Stacia said…

    Only you know the answer to that question my dear friend!

    My new strategy is to delay making any decisions until the drunk wears off; I'll let you know when I get there :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home