The Sound In Your Head

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Two thirds of Parts & Labor is asleep in my studio right now. I can see parts of the them through the glass slats in the french doors that sit between the main room of my apartment and the dinette and kitchen. The boys are half way through their Spring tour and playing the Bottom of The Hill tonight.

I am not going to work today so that I can bum around the city with them before the show tonight.

Things in my world are strange aside from having two thirds of a noise band asleep in my house. Somehow that seems far more normal and welcome than a lot of the other crap.

Mostly work continues to be a mess - without going into gory details on the interweb I need to make a change (still) and I'm trying the best I can to make clean moves and be positive wherever I am in the process. This means not succumbing to the litany of nonsense that can rule my current job.

One of the reasons I have waited so long to make a change is because I wanted to 'do it right' and not leave one unreasonably challenging situation for another.

Whatelse - - - - ministers training concluded last week. I still need to post my sermon. It's been 2 years of spiritual training at a school - now I am flying solo, I still have a community of fellow practitioners that I hang and compare notes with but the every day week to week practicing is all up to me. Do I seek out additional spiritual training? Do I start an active Buddhist practice again? What's it gonna be!

Musically - wow - can you believe you even saw that word here on my blog in relation to me. Yes, musically I am seeking a reinvention. I played a little gig for a friend a couple of weeks ago and realized - the musician in me is a much bigger part of me than I ever realized - I just did it for so long I had no way to quantify it. Stopping music altogether for a time has done many things one of which has provided the opportunity to quantify. Anyway - I have ideas - but mostly I have the desire and I care very little about any kind of worldly success which seems like a breath of fresh air.

Looking at all of this I realize I've a choice - I can be daunted by all of this transition or excited about the potential and inevitable changes that are coming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home