The Sound In Your Head

Monday, April 17, 2006

If God Is Love?

Before I post my sermon I want to write about about Love *again* - this time coming from a different perspective. I've talked to a lot of people recently and somewhat randomly about what they think God is ... most of them are people who do not identify with organized religion and lead what some folks might label as fairly hedonistic lifestyles - mainly because they are people for whom pleasure is a big part of their experience here on the planet.

All of them told me pretty simply that God is love.

I said to one, it's funny how love appears to us in so many different forms of god; one terrifying, another nurturing, sometimes a sexy god, other times a ruthless god. All of these are qualifications of our knowledge of god I believe are merely filters through which our perceptions allow, limit and influence how we experience love.

To me, if God is Love aren't all religious ideologies merely stories detailing the human experience and struggle to give and receive love to ourselves and each other?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home