The Sound In Your Head

Friday, May 26, 2006

No, I Don't Think Madonna Is A Great Genius Part Deux

So, you'll notice I posted a You Tube embed of some footage of Madge on the cross. I've been wanting to see just what the spectacle was that's caused indignation and outrage on the part of various religious groups.

Funny thing is .... the 14 seconds I post here aren't really very interesting at all. My thinking is it's the scale of the show that causes all the controvery and at this point that's about all Madonna's got to work with. Afterall anything broadcast on three mega screens hanging above a huge stage is going to look staggering. The sheer size of images overwhelms the audience not the content itself.

I watched a couple of other excerpts posted to You Tube from the Crucifiction tour just to make certain I was giving the Material Girl a fair shake and I have to say I'm sticking to my guns.

She's vapid and played. Listening to her sing 'Like A Virgin' wearing what is supposed to be bondage gear while standing on top of a horse sadle and grasping a pole while footage of horses running appear on video screens behind her is - well - just plain boring.

So let it never be said that I didn't give the girl a chance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home