The Sound In Your Head

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Finding Solitude From Chatter

Something is shifting; I think I know what it is. I've known what it will be for a long time.

It's funny how issues that you think you've dealt with, case closed, door shut, game over rear their heads time after time in your life. It's enough to make me think that nothing ever really changes. But I'm too much of an optimist to believe that.

I think that as our positions and perceptions of and in life shift the impact of our past and the effect of the people and events that shape us come to light in different ways. The web of life never disintegrates; it is our relationship to it that changes.

In and amongst all of this I want so much to find peace and quite from the chatter of my current reality. All of the analyzing, poking, prying, laughing, speculating - all of it - I want to hear and contribute to no longer. I am ready to let go of the person I am within all of that. And the person I identify with more wholly is one who is quiet, less speculative and more certain in a very simple way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home